Humanoid Space Race Humanoid Space Race

Cool game! The art is amazing but the powerups don't quite match the
style. I don't know if you made the sprites but if you did I'd recommend making every asset fit the mood and theme of the game. The menu background and fonts were blocky and plain while the game sprites where pretty detailed and realistic. The music, however, fit perfectly with the sprites.

Spiderling Spiderling

One of the best games here in Newgrounds.
The web thing was a very original mechanic and you made a good job in level design. The different things you could do with the web made the game very enterteining and intersting.

I think you could have made the game longer and explore (even) more the uses of this new mechanic. Also a bossfight against the (SPOILER) big spider would have been really epic, and a deeper story would make the game much better to me.

Good job.

Fibonacci Clicker Fibonacci Clicker

Cool game! It's very fun and addicting but, as already mentioned, some instructions would have helpled a bit. I was kinda lost at the begining and didn't know what apprentices do.

Red Jumping Hood Red Jumping Hood

The game is very fun for its simplicity.
The idea of different mushrooms with different powerups is very original, and I love the different paths you can take in the level with different long term rewards (powerups).
What wasn't so good is the sound, which feels kinda repetitive: you should add more variations to the jump sound. And the music in my opinion would fit better if it was more retro-like.

Pretty impressive for a game jam. Good job.

imperfectgames responds:

Thanks, PereDM!
Simplicity was what I had in mind. I put a fair amount of time into designing the paths and risk-reward payoffs, cool you noticed that!
The sound is a disaster, I agree. I have no experience with sound design (yet!) and had to just pull something off one of the royalty-free-music-and-samples websites.

PS. "idea of different mushrooms with different powerups is very original" - never heard of Mario, have you? ;)

Deep Space Shooter Prologue Deep Space Shooter Prologue

I love the idea of making UI like how the captain's would be, it really makes you feel like being inside the game. The mechanics aren't very innovative, but the gameplay is good and entertaining.

What I think could improve is the game feel. Every time you shoot a bullet it should feel good, and when you kill an enemy the sound, explosions, screenshake, etc. should make you feel amazing (what I'd do is make bullets bigger and nicer, more frequent; better sounds; some UI saying "1kill" or "xX combo"...). I'd recommend watching this talk about the topic (bit.ly/2fviu8H).

MatKrulli responds:

Hum, yes, it's most certainly true that we focused on quality over innovation on this one, the idea was to make a good, solid, game first and *then* start to play around with new stuff.

As for the game fell, the thing is this is actually the first game of a series(we're having an Indiegogo about the next one right now) and the series ideia is to evolve into a more complete and complex experience, with an actualy campaign, a strategy mode and all that.

So, although this game is pretty arcade-y, we tried to move away from those neon, super noisy, super bright titles such as Geometry Wars or Beat Hazard, because it would affect the series adversely long-term.

Still, it is true we could make this game have a better feel according to its own style. It won't be possible to do this as a fix(we'd have to rework all the assets and all that), but if the campaign goes through, there is a "super-prologue" planned and we could implement those things there.

Nevertheless, we'll keep it in mind for the future ^^