View Profile PereDM

4 Game Reviews

Cool game! The art is amazing but the powerups don't quite match the
style. I don't know if you made the sprites but if you did I'd recommend making every asset fit the mood and theme of the game. The menu background and fonts were blocky and plain while the game sprites where pretty detailed and realistic. The music, however, fit perfectly with the sprites.

One of the best games here in Newgrounds.
The web thing was a very original mechanic and you made a good job in level design. The different things you could do with the web made the game very enterteining and intersting.

I think you could have made the game longer and explore (even) more the uses of this new mechanic. Also a bossfight against the (SPOILER) big spider would have been really epic, and a deeper story would make the game much better to me.

Good job.

The game is very fun for its simplicity.
The idea of different mushrooms with different powerups is very original, and I love the different paths you can take in the level with different long term rewards (powerups).
What wasn't so good is the sound, which feels kinda repetitive: you should add more variations to the jump sound. And the music in my opinion would fit better if it was more retro-like.

Pretty impressive for a game jam. Good job.

imperfectgames responds:

Thanks, PereDM!
Simplicity was what I had in mind. I put a fair amount of time into designing the paths and risk-reward payoffs, cool you noticed that!
The sound is a disaster, I agree. I have no experience with sound design (yet!) and had to just pull something off one of the royalty-free-music-and-samples websites.

PS. "idea of different mushrooms with different powerups is very original" - never heard of Mario, have you? ;)

5 Audio Reviews

I'm OVERFLOWING with joy after this ;) awesome but there's always room from improvement heeheh

Duudeee you're getting better!!! this is so fuckin dopeeee ^^ the last drop at around 3:00 motivated me so mucchhh! I wasn't expecting that kick-ass drop ahahah
I love the lil voices in 2:30 and the sad melody at the beginning is great too.
Keep it up man, keep making music!

As for advice, I'm not saying it's a bad thing necesarily, but it has very different and oposite emotions, so that makes it kinda hard to listen to, cuz I think some people want to listen to sad music and I personally like motivating music, so if you mix the too you "scare off" both. For example, I'd put this in my playlist if it didnt have the sad part. but I replayed the drop like 3 times heheh. cya :^)

Steve28 responds:

Hehe....Thanks, Comments like this really motivates me to keep making music.

And personally, I like the songs that has multiple styles in it, which could also be the multiple genres. So...Yeah, I think I'll keep my song's styles like this.

Yoo it's soo good! :D Just checked your new stuff and I like this a lot. Very chill... it's good to see you're trying different styles

Steve28 responds:

Long time no see, pere! Thanks :)

1 Art Review

Pretty cool but you need to work on the proportions. When looking at a reference make sure you add no detail until the proportions and shapes are as closest to it as possible. I'd recommend looking at the drawing through a mirror (so it's flipped) or flipping it upside down so you're not as familiar with it and see your mistakes. If you do this before adding any detail you'll realize what you have to change before it's too late.

Good job, keep drawing!

ApoorvMehta responds:

Thankyou very much :) Will try your technique too. Thanks for the tips ;)

I'm a game developer and artist. There's not much of my work out there but I'll start uploading art soon, and more games! Stay tuned for that!!!

27, Male